Monday, December 10, 2007

Touch Screen At Work

Technology has advanced to the point that touch screens are no longer only offered at a bank ATM. You can find touch screens on banks still, on cell phones, even on computers. I happen to be lucky enough to work at an establishment with touch screen computers. Being employed at After Hours Tuxedo in the mall is an awesome. The job itself is rather enjoyable which most people cannot say about their jobs. What makes the job even better is the touch screen system. The touch screen computer comes in very handy when you have to put in tuxedo measurements for large parties at a time. No customers want to wait for you to continuously click away at random screens. The touch screen feature allows easy access to every aspect of my job from clocking in to ringing a sale. But, of course, I have a problem with touch screen systems and work. That problem is acrylic nails. For some reason when tapping on the screen with an acrylic nail it will not register. That makes my job a little more difficult because I can touch the screen with my finger and work around the nail or I am forced to use the old school method of the computer mouse. It’s funny though, my navigation system has no problem registering the touch of the nails. I guess it’s just the type of touch screen system you have.

No comments: